Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The devil is in the details

If Satan was one of those petty, little every day irritations, I would say that Satan was a nick in the edge of the packing tape!

It has been driving me nuts while I’ve been packing boxes for delivery to the retailers. All the time I’m considering throwing an almost new roll of tape in the bin, but some sort of hope and mad determination kept me using it while swearing madly. Well, in the end the nick ran out. And I’m still here! Robert&Blad vs. Satan 1-0


And the devil sometimes hides in the folds of the clothes. When production arrives there is the very tedious task of going through everything and check the quality. There are always mistakes! It doesn’t matter how good the production. And where’s the intern when she’s needed??



Production will hate me, but hopefully retailers and wearers will love me for being so thorough. And I do deserve your love after re-pressing loads of stuff from the factory, which I didn’t think met my standards. Now I’m not referring to things being wrinkled, but to the pressing, which is an integrated phase in the production of clothes. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t such a well educated designer (mens tailor and patternmaker). Then I might not even know that the pressing wasn’t good.

Welcome to the world of fashion 10% creativity and 90% damagecontrol. No, that was unfair! Actually a lot of the damagecontrol requires a large amount of creativity.

Anyway, check out what it’s all about at: Folk, Hep Cat Store and Carlson Ahnell

No comments:

Post a Comment