Thursday, September 9, 2010

Paradise revisited & specimen taken for experiment.

Recently I went for a meeting with one of my favourite retailers, Carlson Ahnell in Skanör. It's a great shop and webshop where you'll find a range of Robert&Blad clothes in the new, lovely and environmentally smart hemp/lycra jerseymix.


Skanör is the village by the sea where I grew up, where my parents live and where my dads family comes from, for generations. It also happens to be one of the most beautiful places on earth, now sadly under siege by an army of suv-people.

While in Skanör, I naturally went for a swim...

But I also took the opportunity to start a little perfume & preservative-free cosmetics-experiment. Since I love what swimming in the sea does for my hair, I decided to try using the real thing this winter, instead of perfumed saltwater-spray off the counter.


Quite a lot of seaweed, due to the winds on this day, made the water pretty cloudy. My mother convinced me it would be full of eggs and larvae and other unknown things that would either hatch or rot. I actually took that in, in spite of the source being mom!

So once the icky stuff settled, I carefully decanted the water and boiled it.

Stay with me and I'll keep you updated on the experiment.

2 comments:

  1. Hihi, kommer ihåg vad din mamma sa när du kom hem från Rom med en mockajacka köpt på loppis... Fina bilder :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cilla, mammor har man fått för sina synders skull. ;-)

    ReplyDelete