Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This is Not Fashion Week.

Of course I'm in denial when I tell myself I don't need to visit the Fashion Weeks. Copenhagen Fashion Week starts on thursday and in Stockholm it's on now and next week. I should at least be there networking, being visible. But I still won't do it!


I don't know if I'm different from all the other designers or I'm just one that won't lie about it. The whole trade fair thing really makes me depressed, bored and sick. It's not at all that I'm too good for it or too much "artiste" or anything like that. It just plain gets me down and I'm clearly not made for sales. Please get me right, I have the greatest respect, even envy of people who can sell, do it well and enjoy it.

I've been to the fashion trade fairs in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris and Tokyo, showing Robert&Blad, so I know what I'm talking about here. I've made some great friends among fellow designers out there, but I'd much rather meet them in another environment.


This is the gum that was stuck to crazy modell Karolina's cardigan the day she came in for the filming with Ulrika Rang. Just thought it could illustrate how fashion fairs make me feel... ;-)


Thankfully I've NEVER needed those affairs for inspiration. Ideas just pour out of my head as soon as I open that particular tap.


So while the rest of the fashion world are enjoying/suffering the Fashion Weeks out there, I'm really busy with a bunch of more interesting stuff. Chaos in above pic, is me preparing for my first-ever-in-life-ooh-soo-scary Dj-set for music magazine Gaffa. I'll probably screw up technically, but the music will be great!
I'm also booking locations to show the re-design and film project "Adios MTHRFCKR". Galleri Rostrum and ATT: in Malmö this spring, so far, dates still not fixed. And of course we'll take it on the road!
Other things keeping me from the Fashion Weeks are writing a column about re-design for the magazine Grön Stad, prepairing a photo shoot of new designs, with Irika.

And of course hunting for an agent to represent Robert&Blad at those dreaded fairs... ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment